Managing Director Logistics (Ref.2337)
Independent efficient management and improvement of all relevant logistics and technical processes in cooperation with relevant stakeholders in compliance with legal, work, safety and environmental regulations. Managing and monitoring all investments and construction measures as well KPIs within the budget.
Major tasks and responibilities
- Overall reponsibility for logistic and technical matters of several entities in Benelux.
- Management, control and further development of logistics processes and strategy especially in compliance with legal, work, safety and environmental regulations.
- Full costs and investment reponsibility within the budget agreed in the planning from the logistics and technical areas.
- Monitoring of all investments and construction measures as well KPIs within the budget .
- Gather market intelligence on competitors, prices and activities on a regular basis.
- Maintain and develop relationships with relevant stakeholders, e.g. producers, principals and customers.
- Negotiations with suppliers and other stakeholders involved in the logistics process.
- Form and maintain a team of subordinates capable of achieving the necessary results and ensure their performance as well work behaviour.
- Several years of experience from similar businesses with a proven track record and good results, in the chemical distribution sector or other sectors (distribution)
- Experience in leadership
- Experience in implementing and managing legal, work, safety and environmental regulations in the chemical industry or simular industries
- Good knowledge in logistics processes
- Good communications skills
- Ability to work within a team, to motivate others and support them
- Leads by example using a positive mind-set
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Assertiveness and decisiveness
- Ability to identify new business opportunities using relevant research and networking tools
- Ability to identify and recognize customer and producer issues and recommend workable solutions
- Ability to manage and maintain accurate and accessible tailored documentation, i.e. presentations/proposals to meet customer’s needs
- Ability to co-ordinate and manage the logistics and technical team, logistics and technical processes and strategy
- Ability and confidence te present a tailored presentation to stakeholders using a range of presentation skills
- Fluent in Dutch and English, preferably in German
- Preferably, you are living in the region Limburg or Antwerpse Kempen
- A very responsible ad challenging position in a fast-growing company.
- A very attractive salary package supplemented with a company car with fuel card, GSM and laptop.