Chemist/Product Development Engineer (Ref.2281)
Our client is part of the chemical industry and employs more than 1000 people worldwide. They have production facilities in Finland, Belgium, Mexico, USA, the Netherlands and the Czech Republic.
Our client is now looking for a Chemist/Product Development Engineer located in the production plant in Lommel, for interesting and diverse tasks within the company’s technology unit. The position will report to the Technology manager (abroad). You will work very closely with Business Development, Sales, Production and Engineering.
• Develop new innovative products and technical solutions to further grow
• Find creative, but realistic solutions for customer needs.
• Set up, plan, manage and participate in product and process development projects
• Participate in product and process troubleshooting and in improvement projects
• Manage projects with external partners, like universities or R&D companies.
• Suitable education is a Master or Engineering degree in Chemistry
• Work experience from similar tasks in industry and/or research
• Knowledge of cellulose chemistry or organic chemistry and/or insight in food technology are an advantage
• Good technical insights and a broad interest in technological evolution
• Required competences:
– listen to the customer’s needs
– good interpersonal and communication skills
– strong observation skill
– creativity to find solutions and translate them into realistic projects
– project management skills to manage and control projects from the idea up to the implementation
– ability to set priorities for yourself and the organisation
– result orientation
– strong analytical skills
• Flexible: you’re willing to travel +/- 3 days/month
• Good oral and written skills in English & Dutch
A permanent, challenging and interesting job in Lommel. Our Client offers its employees an international working environment where teamwork, development and growth are part of everyday life. Their values are trust, ambition and fun!